Monday, April 28, 2008

Learners Advisory Network

Hello everyone,

I am leaving for Ottawa to meetings with the Movement for Canadian Literacy (MCL); which is an organization that represents literacy in Canada and the Learners Advisory Network (LAN); which is made up of adult learners from provinces in Canada . I will return on Friday.

One of the topics of discussion will be looking into having Associations of Adult Learners/Students in every province of Canada.

What do you think of this idea?

At the present time Adult learner representation for LAN is selected by the Literacy coalitions from each province.

I believe Adult Learner representation should be chosen by Adult Learners not the coalitions.

What is your opinion about this?

I am very much in favour of this. We Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk and we have a right to represent ourselves.

I am an Adult Learner and your Adult Learner/Student Representative in Ontario. Everywhere I go I speak and represent Adult Learners/Students. The more I hear from you the better I can represent our needs, concerns and ideas towards the betterment of literacy, literacy programs, and Adult Learners/Students. Adult Learners/Students are 48% of the population of Canada; your words are important and powerful. Lets join in the circle has one and let our voices be heard.

Have a great week everyone and I wish you and all that you love the very best.

Patricia Ashie Very Proud Adult Learner

No comments: