Saturday, February 9, 2008

stories are important because... they connect us

Stories are important because, you can get to know someone better, by knowing were they come from, and how they grow up. It also gives you an opportunity to see throw there eyes on life and how they once saw life as a child.
---
I think stories are important to us because we get to learn about different things about are families and its all about the different history with their stories.
---
I like personal stories as they are someone's real experiences and you can learn so much about that person and about their history. As they say, "everyone has a story." My father used to tell me stories about his life and I wish I would have documented them, as they could have been passed along to the up-coming generation.
---
I also like stories because I like to see people's personal histories preserved.
I like telling stories and listing to stories. Stories tell about our history and where we come from.
---
Stories are important because you can go all the way back to the stone age by looking at stories. I remember my Grandmother telling my about the way she grow up by telling my stories about her life. You can learn about the world by the stories people tell you.
---
I think that telling our own stories and our family stories is a powerful way to gain confidence in writing and become our own best friends.
---
I love telling stories and I love to read. I believe that recording stories on paper for future generations is important or they will be lost.
---
Reading makes me relaxed, and I think in the future I would like to write a book about my life story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

literacy to me is learning i matter and i do have a voice and just because i do not have grade 12 there is a place for me to grow and exersice my mind.

tracey m said...

Thanks for your comment Rosel.

I agree with you 100%!