Tuesday, May 20, 2008

an actively involved participant in my destiny

I hope you are all enjoying the gift of this day. Here are my answers to the questions, let me know what you think, your opinions are important to me.

What does it sounds like when learners speak?
I think learners sound like anyone else. We talk about our friends, families, love, news, politics and what we are doing or is affecting our life's. There is nothing different about us except we have learning challenges, but doesn't everyone have some sort of challenges?

What happens when learners speak?
When learners speak we are making connections providing understandings and a sense of community. Speaking out provides familiarity and the understanding that we are not alone.

Change comes from factual knowledge and understandings; knowledge and understanding comes from the connections we make and interactions coming from those connections which leads to the development of growing confidences in our own value and our importance in our society.

Why doesn't Minnie want sympathy and what does she want instead?
Unfortunately I can not view Minnie's video because I with Minnie have dial-up connection with my computer. However, from the title I get an impression of where she is coming from. I am always saying in regards to myself that I do not want a pity party, there is nothing to feel sorry for me about and I have much better things to do with my life then to dwell in the pity party arena.

What does Jerry want?
My take about Jerry, HE is amazing!!!! He wants learners to connect and have their own representation and he wants education to be part of the Bill of Rights. I agree 100% until Education becomes an equal opportunity right we will always provide an unequal playing field in our society. We have a right to learn and our learning challenges should be given the same consideration and respect has any other challenge. I believe it is a human right for us to be the best that we can be.

What do you want?

My opinion the most important issue that learners need to speak up about is to have their own representation. We are always being spoken for thought for and done for. Our destiny is reliant on what others believe is right for us. They make life decisions for us. I want to be an actively involved participant in my destiny.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

By Patricia Ashie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all
hi there, my name is Tom.

found this website and read some great discussion and feedback so decided to join

i am happy to help others and offer advice where possible :)

Peace out.