Friday, May 16, 2008

ownership and safety

The learning circle audio was very interesting and informative and I agree with most of the comments.

The learning circle does promote my views but the word safety I believe takes value away form the individual who has made a commitment to self and are facing on a daily bases what appears to be insurmountable challenges to achieve the dream that planted the seed for their goals in life.

Yes the learning circle is to provide an arena of openness and acceptance, however the very reason we would be in a learning circle is because we have stepped outside of our safety zone. We decided that the comfort of the familiar in our lives was no longer beneficial for our search of self. I don’t think we need to feel safe, I believe what is more important is respect of an individuals belief’s and knowledge’s and the realization that all belief’s and knowledge’s are not right or wrong because they are based on what we know at that given time.

Learning Circle Approach Advantages: The learning circle would be an amazing arena for the expansion of knowledge’s because of the right to be an individual, and all knowledge’s are good knowledge’s and must be accepted.
Learning Circle Approach Disadvantages: The group in the learning circle may become so involved in their own issues that they for get to look outside of themselves.

Hierarchical Approach Advantages: Sound leadership can provide a directional, productive, orderly, balanced and inclusive foundation for an organization.
Hierarchical Approach Disadvantages: Poor leadership can present a lack of direction, productivity, order, balance and inclusion, which leads to confusion, mistrust and credibility.

Other Approaches: Ownership
I believe learners need to have the opportunities and tools required for them to be active participants in the development of self. This provides ownership. What I own I am responsible for and I will stand up for what is mine. It is my right to learn, it is my right to be the best that I can be and it is my right to be an active participant in my development.

by Patrica Ashie

No comments: