Wednesday, May 21, 2008

not from the dollar perspective

I absolutely loved school as an adult, and no one thought I should go to school either. They would say "what will you get out of it" because it is always looked at from the dollar perspective and personal growth does not seem to be considered as a concrete factor of the human experience. I am very proud I did not listen, my schooling experience has led me to become a life long learner and my thirst for education, the right to learn and literacy have taken me from my upgrading program to become the adult Learner Representative from Ontario in Canada, Africa, South America And Uganda. I am very proud to say I am a full time adult learner/student literacy volunteer and advocate and it is all because I went back to school.

By Patricia Ashie

No comments: