Thursday, May 22, 2008

they can be FANTASTIC

I used to have the same problem about getting nervous reading and speaking in front of people. I too was afraid people would laugh at me and make fun of me. Then one day I decided to stop allowing this fear of mine to control me and in a sense make a prisoner of me, because I realized I was losing out on the things I really wanted and enjoyed doing in my life. I thought about how much money entertainers make to be laughed at, so now when anyone laughs at me I look at them and say" entertainers make big money pay-up". Another thing I noticed; the people who were laughing at me were the people who sat back and watched life instead of participating in life. I do not want to be like them I want to live, laugh and love to the fullest in my life and going to school has done that for me. The time you take to learn and grow is unimportant what is important is YOU and what you decide is right for you in your life. You are strong and it means a lot to me to see their are people like you out there willing no matter what to become the best that they can be. FANTASTIC

by Patricia Ashie

P.S. Speaking in front of others is the number one fear for people, so you are with the majority and I still get nervous but that does not stop me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Literacy means to me is to be able to learn new things and to be able to have good learning skills and to able to get a good job that why people come to a Literacy program to upgrade there
skills
Ida